Download PRAYERthreads KIDS Journal
Are you looking for a significant project for your children’s group? You can start praying today for a forgotten people group. There are hundreds of groups with no missionaries, no Gospel witness--and prayer is a primary strategy for reaching them. Watch in wonder as God reaches the nations through prayer!
TAKE THE FIRST STEP by selecting a forgotten people group or city from this short list which also includes some research websites and resources.
If you do not find a people group there that stirs your heart, you can choose one of the forgotten people groups from this much longer list. With the children in your class, choir, or family, choose a people group
- Download certificate, personalize with name of children's group and people group
- Download the luggage tags and make one for each child
- Print the name of the people group on the tag and tie it to your Bible, backpack, computer bag, or purse. You can use it as a bookmark too.
- Research the people--find out how in this two-page downloadable document
- Pray often for God to send Christians who can tell them about Jesus
- Pray regularly that the people will come to salvation in Jesus
- Let us know that you are praying by sending your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
Luggage tags--(3.33 MB) 6 name tags per sheet, print on card stock, cut following the design on the front, then punch hole in the end. Add a string and give one to each child.
Explore unengaged people groups on Google Earth
View a video of a church that is praying for an unreached people group (large file)
What is a people group or an affinity group? The second page lists web resources for research.
Extra East Asian peoples downloadables:
1. Flags of East Asian peoples
5. Honghuihe Zhuang
7. Northern Dong
• Have a poster contest for the children, then hang them all over the church
• Prepare wrist bands, T shirts, pens, bookmarks, or magnets to encourage the children (and their parents) to pray. Use fun slogans like:
Ask me about our people group
I Love “The Hokkien”
Show Your Love – Pray for the Sokoto Fulani
• Help your children write a short drama about the daily life of your people group
If your group wants to pray for more than one people group, then why not pray for an unreached people of the day?